PacketWatch is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
Senior Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
As a member of the Product Development Team, a Senior Software Engineer is expected to:
- Work with a small team of engineers and developers, to ensure timely delivery of features and enhancements against a product roadmap while adhering to best coding practices.
- Regularly assess current dashboard functionality, modules, and data visualizations and suggest improvements and new ways to engage with collected data.
- Lead and engage in architectural reviews, documentation, code reviews, and peer feedback on design, integrated tools, code modules, and code efficiency.
- Be available to provide high-level response and insight into customer issues and customer integration strategies for Sales Team and other direct customer-facing team members.
- Contribute to technical design documents and communication of the architectural impact across functional areas, from customer-facing products to internal only facing processes/tools.
- Develop code, contribute to product design, provide guidance regarding efficiency opportunities.
- Comply with coding standards, application security, IP protections and assist other team members on compliance.
Senior Software Engineer Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics.
- Committed to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Is passionate about technology and cybersecurity
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following technical skills:
- Strong and demonstratable knowledge of multi-tenant, web application development with an emphasis on the presentation and visualization of data from large scale sources; with a minimum of 5 years development experience.
- Strong and demonstratable experience with 3 or more of the following languages and toolsets:
- Web development using Flutter, React, NodeJS, or Angular JS;
- Database experience using MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Cockroach DB or other;
- Experience with IDS tools such as Zeek, Suricata and/or SNORT;
- Experience developing and deploying large scale ElasticSearch systems including experience with Kibana, Logstash, Kafka, and Beats;
- Development experience with Java, Go, Python and Redis;
- Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian;
- REST API development experience;
- Strong GIT version control skills; and/or
- Strong Linux, Bash, Automation skills.
- Strong and demonstratable knowledge of networking concepts including TCP/IP, TLS.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices on an agile environment.
- Experience working with and refactoring existing code.
- Solid understanding of application vulnerabilities and security.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
PacketWatch Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance policies
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K Program
- Opportunities for career development (continuing education and certifications)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States