Careers | Posted Positions
Senior Software Engineer
PacketWatch is a privately-owned boutique cybersecurity consulting firm that delivers enterprise-class security services to identify, detect, and respond to cyber-threats that have circumvented traditional information security controls. Our experienced consultants, threat hunters, forensic experts, and cyber security analysts help organizations gain confidence in their security posture with assessment, managed security, and incident response services. The team uses a proprietary full-packet-capture network monitoring, analysis, and investigation platform to improve the visibility of network anomalies, enrich cases with intelligence, and resolve complex incidents quickly.
As a member of the Product Development Team, the Senior Software Engineer:
- Work with a small team of engineers & developers, to ensure timely delivery of features and enhancements against a product roadmap while adhering to best coding practices.
- Regularly assess current dashboard functionality, modules, and data visualizations and suggest improvements and new ways to engage with collected data.
- Lead and engage in architectural reviews, documentation, code reviews, and peer feedback on design, integrated tools, code modules, and code efficiency.
- Be available to provide high-level response and insight into customer issues and customer integration strategies for Sales Team and other direct customer-facing team members.
- Contribute to technical design documents and communication of the architectural impact across functional areas, from customer-facing product to internal only facing processes/tools.
- Develop code, contribute to product design, provide guidance regarding efficiency opportunities.
- Comply with coding standards, application security, IP protections and assist other team members on compliance.
Requirements / Profile
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics.
- Committed to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Passionate about technology.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following technical skills:
- Strong and demonstratable knowledge of multi-tenant, web application development with an emphasis on the presentation and visualization of data from large scale sources; with a minimum of 5 years development experience.
- Strong and demonstratable experience with 3 or more of the following languages and toolsets:
- Web development using Flutter, React, NodeJS, or Angular JS;
- Database experience using MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Cockroach DB or other;
- Experience with IDS tools such as Zeek, Suricata and/or SNORT;
- Experience developing and deploying large scale ElasticSearch systems including experience with Kibana, Logstash, Kafka, and Beats;
- Development experience with Java, Go, Python and Redis;
- Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian;
- REST API development experience;
- Strong GIT version control skills; and/or
- Strong Linux, Bash, Automation skills.
- Strong and demonstratable knowledge of networking concepts including TCP/IP, TLS.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices on an agile environment.
- Experience working with and refactoring existing code.
- Solid understanding of application vulnerabilities and security.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Send your resume and cover letter for this Senior Software Engineer position to email@example.com