Careers | Posted Positions
PacketWatch is a privately-owned cybersecurity consulting firm that delivers enterprise-class security services to identify, detect, and respond to cyber threats that have circumvented traditional information security controls. PacketWatch services use a proprietary full-packet capture, network monitoring, analysis, and investigation platform to visualize and discover abnormal network activity and patterns over time. Our cybersecurity experts, threat hunters, and analysts help midsize and enterprise organizations gain confidence in their security posture with assessment, managed security, and incident response services. Services include: PacketWatch Network Security Assessment (NSA); PacketWatch Managed Detection and Response (MDR); PacketWatch Enterprise; PacketWatch Incident Response (IR); PacketWatch Advisory Services.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional and scalable systems, improve customer experience, and integrate additional application functionality. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes. The DevOps Engineer’s responsibilities include deploying product updates, implementing data visualizations, identifying and resolving production issues and implementing integrations on our product roadmap. Ultimately, you will document, execute, and automate operational processes quickly, accurately and securely. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Python, PowerShell and ElasticSearch or Splunk, we would like to meet you.
Requirements / ProfileThe ideal candidate will:
- Deploy and manage Cloud Infrastructure in AWS (using Terraform, Ansible and other tools).
- Deploy and manage Application updates and fixes.
- Deploy and Manage large-scale ElasticSearch clusters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to debug and troubleshoot application issues.
- Communicate with non-technical decision makers about infrastructure capabilities and risks and champion a strong DevOPs culture.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems and third-party sources.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues; Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Develop scripts and queries to enhance visualization of data from back-end systems.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Assist program management team in establishing software release schedules and ensure deployment timeline targets are met.
Qualifications for Success
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt and/or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Strong presentation, verbal communication, and written communications skills.